Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Let me introduce the biscuits and gravy...

When I grow up, I want my kids to drive home and visit just to eat my delicious biscuits and gravy for breakfast. I want it to taste as good as my Mom's. Every time I buy an expensive plane ticket to fly home to Virginia and visit, I think about the biscuits and gravy and KNOW that it's worth EVERY penny. With practice (and prayer?), I hope that one day I can cook all of the delicious things that she and my grandma make. 

So welcome to my blog about 
life, love, cooking, 
& trying to be a grown-up.  

I want to cook like my Grandma Roark 
always have a little something ready for a surprise visitor 
(even if it's just biscuits or a sweet potato). 

I want to be a Mom as good as my Mom was to me 
& to keep a home and yard/garden as beautiful as hers
& have a personal style that's HIP & CASUAL just like the looks she pulls off
(but NOT printed capri pants).

I want to make a pound cake just like my Nana Jackson's
& host lunches made entirely of assortments of vegetables, crackers & cheese. 






No comments:

Post a Comment