Friday, March 25, 2011

Progress Report: 3.25.2011

March 25th, 2011

Guest Bedroom Floor
Rand stained the Guest Bedroom floor Wednesday and it looks amazing! The older wood was very absorbent so it was a little darker than he planned, but we both agreed we still like it (I feel like I got lucky b/c I wanted a darker stain from the beginning) A co-worker of his is going to come and help seal it with apoxy or polyurethane...? I'm not sure about the process/materials here. As you can tell, the floor is Rand's project, not mine!

Guest Bathroom
Rand and his friend Ian finished sheet rocking the guest bathroom Friday morning. Now it's on to tape and mud and sanding.... I can't wait to paint it! (more grey owl...my fav!)

Kitchen Cabinets
We got another cabinet to add to our growing collection (a small upper cabinet for over the fridge). We're about two cabinets away from a full kitchen! I'm trying to convince Rand to delay the kitchen project until he has all of the supplies ready and can knock it out in 48 hours.  The delayed bathroom project has worked out...but I know that he could not survive with his kitchen under construction for a month - he loves to cook & eat!  


P.S. Yesterday for dinner we had lemon herb porkchops (his request), 
asparagus, and steamed sweet potatos (my request).  
Total Cost: Less Than $10. 

Who said eating healthy isn't affordable and DELICIOUSSSS?? 
Plus, there were enough leftovers for both of us to pack lunch for work today!


Probably no more updates this weekend because we both work all weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment