Friday, November 12, 2010

Hosting Overnight Guests

Hosting overnight visitors??   
YIPES!!  
This feels like a very grown-up thing to do.  
It's only for one night of their week-long visit, but still!

They will be here December 9-16 for my graduation from Weber State University and to pick my younger brother Lucas (not pictured below) up from his 2-year mission in the Salt Lake City Mission for the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Yep, We're Mormon :) and Yep, I finally finished my Bachelors Degree.

The idea of a huge sleepover with my momma, stepdaddy Greg, sister chelsea and baby brother Elijah sounds like SO SO SO much fun
but OH the pressure!

Mom, Greg, ME, Chelsea, and Elijah in front
 PROS  
  • Unlimited family time...because I miss that living far away
  • Driving places together (i know this is silly, but it reminds me of my childhood)
  • Snacking & Watching Movies
  • Playing Board Games - CAN'T WAIT!

CONS
  • Figuring out where people will sleep
  • Cleaning the house from top to bottom and inside and out (because that's how my momma raised me)
  • Having a fridge full of snacks and food. (I'm thinking a breakfast casserole & a chicken casserole pre-made)
  • Having a bowl of yummy baked goods on the counter. 


Ok...honestly these aren't CONS.  (except the cleaning- always a CON) I love cooking and baking and entertaining.  I just want to make sure it's perfect because my family never comes out to visit!!! The last time they visited was March of 2007 I believe.



P.S. I'm so excited to have this little bugger 
snuggling with me every night while they visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment