Monday, November 8, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Delight

This was probably the last weekend of reasonable weather - so I made the most of it! Sunday was beautiful. I went to church, ran a few errands, watched Gossip Girl (don't judge me) & Private Practice, and addressed graduation announcements that need to be sent out. 


I had marinated some chicken in a delicious marinade (think Teryaki Sauce, Rosemary, Sugar, Worcestershire & Olive Oil) for 48 hours and 
I grilled it to PERFECTION- 
it seriously melted in my mouth.  I don't mean to toot my own horn...but my new grill (or me using the new grill) has ruined some perfectly good chicken.  This success followed a lot of completely gross and dried out grill failures. (Thanks to Rand for the grilling tips I followed) I cooked up a squash casserole and warmed up some peas and dinner was complete.  


What a delightful solitary Sunday evening... 
Sometimes I forget to make time for me and I have to do better.  I got a lot done (announcements, laundry, dinner, fresh sheets on the bed!) & still had a relaxing evening. 

(maybe me & the grill can be friends after all)



Love my grill. 
Love my big back deck. 
Love the cool crisp fall weather. 
So now....BRING ON THE SNOW. (I guess...)

Side Note: 
My Grandpa got me my grill when he came out to visit in August. We went and picked it out at Lowe's together and he got me a really nice one (and a cute brown color instead of silver or black!).  I love my "Master Forge  4-Burner Brown Gas Grill" and it was so fun watching him bargain with the sales guy - if you think you can't bargain for a better deal at Lowe's my grandpa will definitely show you otherwise! Never pay sticker price!

 Love my cute grandpa!




No comments:

Post a Comment