Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Never Trust A Skinny Cook

Last night I was bored. That's dangerous. Usually i box dye my hair when I'm left alone at home with nothing to do. But no - I'm developing new bad habits! Like baking :) 

Seriously people, how am I supposed to learn to cook and not get fat?  I don't really have much of a sweet tooth but I still want to be able to make and bake everything! Last week it was apple dump cake, the week before it was pumpkin cookies and mini apple pie bites(so amazingly flaky) and last night it was chocolate chip cookies (and a few delicious spoonfuls of dough while I was making them) with the tallest most perfect glass of 1% milk I've ever had in my life. 

So my solution is to give away as many of my baked goods as I can. I love the way people smile when I gift them cookies (I need to get cuter bags instead of just ziplocks - any suggestions?).  I especially like to get there feedback- I can handle criticism!  But the main thing I like is getting those sweets OUT of my house. I feel a little selfish giving them away because I know I'm just doing it so than I can keep fitting into my jeans!

Image from modamee.com
But last night I forgot my desires to remain a size 5 forever and made my first ever batch of chocolate chip cookies from SCRATCH.  I whipped them up in about 10 minutes and they were DELISH. They would have been even faster to make if it wasn't such a pain in the butt creaming shortening and sugar - if I stay serious about this baking/cooking thing I may have to get a stand up mixer. 

Anyway, I'm pretty picky about cookies and these were just the right texture and not too painfully sweet. I wish I had a picture of the little pretties - but Rand and I ate them all. (I have to take most of the credit, he only had two out of the ten. Unfortunately I didn't give away a single cookie. I ate the rest for breakfast- embarassingggg)

When telling my Mom about my latest baking adventure, she asked,
"Where are you getting all of these recipes?"  
I replied, 
"The Internet Mom, the Internet!!!"   

So I guess when I write up the recipe card for my new favorite chocolate chip cookies, 
instead of saying "Recipe From Mom" or "Recipe From Grandma", it will say 
"Recipe From Google"?  




No comments:

Post a Comment